Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"It's not a tumor!"....oh wait...

So that feeling in my gut that 2010 was going to be my year, well it was wrong. It turns out that feeling in my gut was just a tumor a little smaller than a tennis ball.

I knew that something was wrong, but I was thinking that the worst case scenario would be something much less serious. I've been having issues for a few months and I finally had an ultrasound done this morning, a vaginal ultrasound no less.... I don't recommend them. After the ultrasound tech scared the shit out of me b pausing and telling me to stay still because she was going to get the doctor, the doctor did a little more examining of his own. He proceeded to tell me what was wrong, but I didn't really hear anything after the word "tumor."

Tumor. Say it out loud. It's a horrible word. Nothing good can come of it. It's just a bad, ugly word.

It's almost surely benign, but it's still so scary to have a foreign object like that in your uterus. I have to have surgery in a couple of weeks, although I'm trying to get it bumped up to next week so I don't have so much time to stress over it. I'll have to be in the hospital for 3 days and out of work for 3-6 weeks! Ugh!

I'm scared to death, but more importantly, I'm annoyed. This tumor and surgery is throwing a kink into all of my 2010 plans, like a new job and moving. If I get offered a new job this week like I hope (I'll tell ya about that in another post soon), I'll have to ask them to hold the position for 6 weeks! I'm hopeful, but I doubt that I would be that lucky... that is if I ever get the offer. Also, I'm supposed to be out of my apartment by the end of February, but I will be unable to move then on my own. I won't be allowed to lift anything or even bend over, so it's going to suck. Now I'm debating whether or not to extend my lease or pack up before surgery, a month in advance.

Everything is just a mess right now. My planning for the start of 2010 is right out the window. Stupid tumor.

1 comment:

Sole Matters said...

OMG I’m so sorry to hear about your tumor!! Hopefully it’s nothing more serious than what the doc says it is. I totally get how annoyed you are though. Hopefully things will work out in your favor.